Pipa (Chinese: 琵琶; pinyin: pípá) is a four-stringed Chinese musical instrument, belonging to the plucked category of instruments (弹拨乐器/彈撥樂器).
- A half-pear-shaped soundbox
- 4 strings - 23-25 frets in the modern type
- Range is over three and a half octaves
- Tuning is: A-d-e-a
Jiaju Shen is a performer and educator for Chinese instruments pipa in New York area. Miss Shen started to learn instruments since she was 6, and went to Shanghai Theater Academy studied with pipa Master Jiangxia Li. Miss Shen has been teaching for more than 10 years.
Please contact us for more details about the classes list below:
• Private Class for Pipa (in person or Skype class)
• Group Class for Pipa (2-5 students in person only)
Please email Miss Shen directly at email@example.com